Saturday, November 10, 2012

Dreams Come True

Tonight I was fortunate enough to attend The Nashville Tribute Band concert at Tuacahn Amphitheatre. Only in St. George can you go to an outdoor concert in the middle of November. It was freezing though. I had to wear 3 pairs of socks and it took me AND my roommate to get my shoes on. But, we were kept warm by the Spirit. For those of you who don't know, The Nashville Tribute Band is a group of country artists who sing LDS songs. They have three albums dedicated to Joseph Smith, the pioneers, and missionaries. I love country music and I love the gospel, so it was wonderful being able to enjoy the power of both.

 Ryan Tilby, Ron Saltmarsh, Bart Olson
I know Ryan and Bart from Ryan Shupe & the Rubberband. Ryan introduced me to Ron. He is the  head of the Media Music Studies at BYU. They all gave me some really great tips on how to start my music career. 
Matt Lopez, Brad Hull, Tim Gates (Due West)
I've met this boys a few times. They never fail to impress.

 Dan Truman
Dan is the piano player from Diamond Rio. 

Jason Deere
Jason is my music idol. Seriously. If I could have anyone's career, I would pick his. He has produced so many amazing artists and written some wonderful songs. He does this all in between attending his daughter's soccer tournaments all over the country.

Katherine Nelson
She has one of the most beautiful voices I've ever heard. And she's super nice.

My bestest friend Lindsay Quilter. As I type this, she is looking up music programs for me. Isn't she just the sweetest!! 

All in all, it was an amazing night. I would highly recommend checking out the band at http://nashvilletributeband.com/ 


No comments: